I still remember the butterflies I felt in my stomach as I drove up the hill as an incoming first-year student back in 1994. I’m sure a bit of anxiety about what lay ahead contributed to those feelings, but also excitement about the endless opportunities— inside and outside of the classroom—that would be available to me over the ensuing four years.

As you now prepare for the moment when you may experience your own butterflies, I want to welcome you, on behalf of the Alumni Association, to Lafayette College. The Alumni Association represents the more than 29,000 Lafayette graduates throughout the United States and world. Lafayette alumni have formed a strong global network of leaders in academia, business, government, and local communities. We take true pride in our Lafayette connections and offer Lafayette students, their families, and all alumni, a myriad of resources and opportunities that make everyone feel part of this special community, even after graduation.

Over the summer, alumni will host welcome receptions in a number of locations. As part of the Lafayette family, you will receive invitations throughout the year to the many on- and off-campus events that take place. There is something for everyone: cultural activities, faculty lectures, presentations by the College’s leadership, networking receptions, athletic events (including Lafayette-Lehigh football telecast parties held in 80 locations across the country), and more. I encourage you to take full advantage of these opportunities to get to know Lafayette and become connected to your child’s future alma mater.

I look forward to meeting you at an event or on campus. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. This is an exciting time for all of us as your son or daughter, and you, start a lifelong association with Lafayette College!

Warmly and with ‘Pard Pride,

Jonathan Ellis, ’98 President, Alumni Association