Welcome to Lafayette! Your student will find a tremendous resource in the strength of the Lafayette community—students, faculty, staff, alumni, families, and friends of the College— all of whom are eager to help fellow ‘Pards in any way they can.

As the parent of a college student myself, I know that you are eager to know as much as you can about your student’s new environment and experiences. Communication with your son or daughter—whether via text, Skype, WhatsApp, or something I haven’t heard of yet—will be your most important source of information. But reading on the Lafayette College website about an athletic contest, dance performance, or community-service project in which your student is involved can help you feel closer to the action. I also encourage you to follow the College’s social media accounts, including following me on Twitter at @alisonbyerly, to get a flavor of life on campus.

Finally, I hope you will be able to visit campus during Family Weekend to meet your students’ friends and classmates, and the faculty, coaches, deans, advisers, and others who are part of their lives here. Parents are important partners in our efforts to help your sons and daughters learn and grow. I look forward to seeing you on campus soon.